Sunday, November 27, 2011

Food for thought....homemade croutons

Today I made my first ever batch of croutons. I used a loaf of rosemary focaccia bread, small cubes. Using Parkay spray butter, I spritzed the bread and then added more dried rosemary, thyme powder, Himalyayan pink salt and a floral pepper (edible dried flowers with peppercorns in a mill). I placed in a 250 degree oven for 35 mins (spread on two cookie sheets, one layer). WOWZER!!!! If I do say so myself; and I do, mmmmmm!!!! Delish!!!

According to Mario Batali, and I believe I can trust the venerable chef, I can now place them in a freezer bag (air pushed out) and freeze. Fingers crossed that I am not trusting the wrong chef!!!! lol

I will use these later this December for a spicy sausage and tart apple stuffing (dressing depending on what part of the country you come from...lol).


Looks yummy, right??? Can't wait to use them in the stuffing...mmmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment